Friday, May 8, 2015

Thesis Work Was Had That Summer

My Love for you
Is Like a Florida Sunset,
Orange, Coral, Pink,
and Lavender, it
Exists to Warm your Heart
Through the Inevitable Darkness.
          -Jarod Kintz



So for almost 3 weeks now I have been living at the Mote Marine Lab in the Florida Keys working on my thesis work. For more info. about exactly what I'm doing visit www.traceskeysresearch.wordpress.com he did a great job explaining everything and I don't feel like writing my thesis paper in a blog post. :) The jist....we are looking at heterotrophic (mainly Vibrio) and autotrophic (that's where I come in) responses to the African dust that blows over and deposits in the Gulf and Caribbean every year. So let's look at some pictures of my trip as of late....

Went kayaking with Alina and saw the largest iguana ever, you can't really tell but he is as long as I am tall.

Kayaking again, some sort of something that looked cool.

Gremley has a boat named after her kind!

Too cute! Florida has feral chickens

Yes please!

Sponge monster

Cat Man! If this doesn't work out I know what job I'l try next

Sunset

Caught me a ghost on a ghost tour!


This cat was literally sitting the exact same way last summer when we were here!

Sunset

Performer (that's 5 chairs high!)

Iguana

View from my bed

They are all over the place, whatever they are.

0 comments :